I have a dream to work, as a team, towards a vision for IRIA Kerala. We should aim to develop IRIA Kerala to be at par with the best of Global Radiology in Clinical, Diagnostic and Interventional Care, leading the way on relevant research and evidence based decision making, which translates to optimal patient care. We should aim to reach all radiologists in Kerala providing every radiologist with continuous opportunities for skill enhancement. We should also aim to develop a team of subspecialty experts that will lead the way for IRIA Kerala.
There are 3 C’s every organization has to address:
1. Confront the issues faced by the profession: The National Leadership of IRIA with Dr. K. Mohanan, President Elect Dr. Hemant Patel and Secretary General Dr. C. Amarnath have actively taken up PC-PNDT issues.
2. Creative: Contributing to the continuous educational and training opportunities for Radiologists in various subspecialties. The First National Fetal Radiology Conference was organized at Kochi in September 2018 with several experts sharing their knowledge and experience
3. Compassion. The RAKSHA initiative of IRIA has taken up several projects in Kerala. Radiologists in various districts celebrated the International Girl Child on October 11.
Over the past 6 months, a team of committed radiologists has taken the lead for several activities including
1. Membership Campaign Target 1000 initiated
2. Fetal Imaging Conference at Kollam by Trivandrum City Chapter & Kollam Radiology Club on April 22, 2018
3. Kottayam Radiology Club & Thrissur Radiology Club reactivated
4. National Fetal Radiology Conference at Kochi, September 22, 23, 2018
5. Breast Imaging Workshop by MARK & Calicut Radiology Club
6. KREST Physics program at Kochi on August 11, 12 2018
7. Kochi IRIA public awareness programs at General Hospital & Girls School, Pachalam- Dr Amel Anthony, Dr Manjusha and Dr Anusha Varghese led the event
8. Celebrating the International Day of the Girl Child by National IRIA at Trivandrum organized by IRIA Kerala and Trivandrum City Chapter. Hon. Health Minister Shailaja Teacher Inaugurated. Govt Secretary Social Justice Biju Prabhakaran, IAS, SP of Police, Ms. Merlin Joseph, IPS gave messages. National President Dr Mohanan K Presided. RAKSHA National Coordinator Dr. Sona Pungaokar gave the RAKSHA message.
9. Dr. Gomathy, IRIA Kerala RAKSA State Co-ordinator has led the way commendably organizing state wide programs.
10. A special call out to the district coordinators of IRIA Kerala RAKSHA for leading the way in an exemplary manner: Dr Anusha Varghese, Dr. Manjusha, Dr. Sushama, Dr Judy Mary Kurian, Dr. Maggie Xavier, Dr. Rethika, Dr. Della, Dr Shiba, Dr. Usha and Dr. Sini
11. Reactivated the Journal Club on the IRIA Kerala Website: Two articles have been posted. We aim to post an article every fortnight covering all subspecialties of Radiology and Imaging.
This is a humble beginning. Together, with your support, participation and encouragement, we aim to make giant strides forward!
Dr. Rijo Mathew Choorakuttil
Member, Scientific Advisory Committee, IRIA
Member in Charge of Ultrasound, Career Assurance Program, IRIA
In Charge, National Fetal Radiology CME Programmes of IRIA
Fetal Radiology, Subspecialty Head, Indian College of Radiology & Imaging