Greetings from IRIA Kerala
As per constitution, each state chapter must conduct their annual election from December to March of every year and inform the Central Office, IRIA by 30th April along with the proceedings of the Election, failing which the State / UT chapter would be debarred from the membership of the Central Council of IRIA.
In view the safety and concerns of members due to COVID – 19, it may not be possible for the State / UT chapters of IRIA to conduct meetings and hold elections in mass gathering programs in time. Therefore, IRIA Headquarters has decided to extend the last date of receipt of election results from the State/UT chapters at IRIA HQ for one month ie., from 30th April to 30th May 2021 due to unprecedented situation because of spread of COVID – 19 and necessary guidelines issued by State/Centre Govt. on this matter.
The online state executive committee meeting held on 21st February decided to conduct General Body Meeting on March 28th, 2021 at 2 pm in hybrid mode.
The venue of physical meeting restricted to 100 preregistered members are Jubilee Hall, Medical College, Thiruvananthapuram.
2. Welcome & Presidential Address.
3. Elections for the year 2021-22
4. Matter of purchase of Radiology equipments in Medical colleges for Non Radiology departments.
5. Vote of thanks
In accordance with the guidelines provided by National IRIA ,it was decided that the matters related to e-voting and election process may be put up in the GBM of the state/UT chapter and take necessary decision to do the needful.
The guidelines from National IRIA on Elections are as follows:
As decided in the meeting, you are also requested to kindly observe the following guidelines:
• After calling nominations as per Rules and Bye Laws, if there is consensus and all posts are elected unopposed, then election process is complete, and the respective state chapter shall intimate the new elected office bearers to the IRIA HQ.
• If there is no consensus and election is to be held, then it can be held as per rules and bye laws of the state chapter and decision of the GBM of the state chapter.
• The posts which have been elected unopposed or already elected like President Elect, shall be allowed to take over as per bye laws 9(e) and 39(A).
• If no nominations are received for any post, then the current office bearers will continue till next communication from IRIA HQ in this unprecedented situation.
• If only few nominations are received for the posts, then the posts in which there are no nominations may be filled with the current office bearers till next communication from IRIA HQ. This is one time measure in unprecedented situation due to COVID-19.
• If there is no nomination for the post of President Elect, then the election of this post can be held in December in next election of the state chapter.
You are requested to mark the date and attend the GBM either physically or in online mode.
The link to join GBM in online mode will be emailed to the members
Dr. Rijo Mathew
Secretary, IRIA Kerala.